Wednesday, February 22, 2017

W2BC # 38 - Celebrations

Bobbi here for the Words 2 Craft By mid-challenge inspiration.

I have been subscribing to the SU! Paper Pumpkin, but the kits are not always my taste.  The December kit was for a memory book - not my thing.  But, the acetate pages were perfect for a project that has been in my head for years.... making Happy Day Planners for my siblings!

I have a page for every month, and family celebrations are included in the calendar. Each page is 5" x 7".  I made the calendar in Word, and layered with a pretty gold card stock onto gray and white patterned paper.

My Mother's greatest fear was that we would no longer be a family after she died. I have listened to and read about so many stories about sibling fighting over end of life care and possessions. Despite there being 5 siblings, we made it through her illness and death closer than ever. I am so grateful.

I thought this gift for my siblings might further our connection. I have 2 of these completed, and need to make at least 2 or 3 more (our generations overlap).  Labor of love!!

Our February/March W2CB Challenge is open through March 1. Details can be found here. Hope to see your card/project in the gallery.

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi, this is wonderful and beautiful and so thoughtful of you. You are very lucky that you and your siblings were able to remain close through those events. I really love this, Bobbi!!

    ReplyDelete